I hate ballet flats

I just needed to vent about this:  Why do shoe manufacturers subject us to uncomfortable shoes?  Would it be that difficult for them to put a supportive arch in their shoes?


Four inch heels with no toe pad cushion, ballet flats without an arch, are they trying to inflict pain and eventual arthritis on us?  I wore the cutest Spanish, jute-rope wedges on Saturday and had full leg and foot pain all day on Sunday because of their lack of support.  Granted, women who wear giant heels everyday are more accustomed to them and feel less pain, but I would argue they will be the first to go arthritic.

I can't stop wearing heels, because I just love them too much (answers my first question) and they clearly make my behind and calves look better.  But I REFUSE to buy ballet flats or flat Greek/Roman sandals for my summertime city romps, simply because they are even more painful than 4" heels for me.

I purchased flip flips from a company called OrthaHeel. They offer orthotic flip flops and other shoes for both men and women.  They are amazingly comfortable and finally - cute enough to wear out in public with a stylish summer dress or shorts.



Mr. Wellness himself, Dr. Andrew Weil, recommends OrthaHeel.  Check them out and reclaim your inner arch!